If you have a full or partial set of dentures, you are probably aware that your oral health care doesn’t just stop because the teeth are artificial. If your denture care suffers, your oral health care will suffer too. It’s important to remember these seven basic steps to keeping a healthy set of dentures:
– Never let your dentures dry out. Always soak them in plain water, or a proper cleaning solution when not in use.
– Always brush the inner parts of your mouth before inserting dentures. Also rinse the dentures in water before inserting, in order to remove any harmful chemicals that may be present from your cleaning solution.
– Remove your dentures every night to allow your gums a chance to rest.
– Be sure to schedule regular checkups with your dentist, and consult them if your dentures become damaged.
– Always avoid using the following products on dentures: teeth whiteners, bleach, hot water, and abrasive cleaning materials.
– Be sure to brush and rinse your dentures daily, but not with toothpaste. Clean them with products including hand soap, denture cleaning solution, mild dishwashing liquids, or products with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Be extremely delicate when handling dentures, as they can be easily damaged.
Never forget to maintain proper oral health care with your dentures. For more information, or to schedule a checkup with Dr. [doctor_name] at [practice_name], you can call us at [phone] to speak with a member of our staff. You can also visit our office in [city], [state]. Your smile is our business!